[RE-wrenches] The perfect solar ready roof

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Wed Oct 20 15:39:36 PDT 2010

Kris has a good idea. Installing 2x backer blocks on the I-joists will not
only give you more depth for your lag screws, but it will strengthen the
roof framing as well. Also, as Kris recommends, check with the manufacturer
for nailing patterns, etc. I was dealing with some BCI joists this past
summer and I was pleased that Boise Cascade has structural engineers on
staff that are eager to help, and can email you approved drawings for
reinforcing the joists.

-Hans

  _____