[RE-wrenches] The Demise of WEEB

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Sep 13 22:52:02 PDT 2010

Andrew:

You make a very good point in 2) below, however there is one step
missing:  If a ground fault is occurring, the technician will eventually
need to look under modules to find the fault.  This is the reason the
top-down clips will be loosened.  If the module is grounded with #6 wire,
the wire will prevent the module from being lifted.  Therefore, the lug
will also be loosened, un-grounding the module -- creating the unsafe
condition you described.

WEEB clip or WEEB lug, the technician dies.

Should we invent a WEEB jumper cable to maintain module bond while the
modules are being lifted?

William Miller