[RE-wrenches] PV Modules Compatible with Concrete tile roofs

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Wed Sep 1 10:05:31 PDT 2010

About a year and a half ago we did a few installations on flat concrete tile
roofs. We used both the GE product and the Sharp product. We liked the Sharp
product a little better.

We are now being asked to begin working with a client who is about 6 months
away from new construction and is looking at roof options and PV. He is not
set on the roof type but flat concrete tile is among his options.

Does anyone have direct experience with PV products that integrate with flat
concrete tile? I don't even know if Sharp and GE still manufacture their
products, and I heard something about Suntech coming out with a plastic
framed product but I would be very wary of that approach.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885