[RE-wrenches] metering an outback system

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Aug 10 05:57:16 PDT 2010

Hi Alex,

The one meter hook up always seems confusing to me.  I'm still
confused.  Do we have the AC IN at both the bottom left and top
right?   To me it seems that the AC OUT from the inverter would go to
the upper left and the protected loads panel would be fed from the
bottom left.

I've never used this method, but would like to use it instead of the
two meter method.

Thanks,

Drake

At 12:19 AM 8/10/2010, you wrote:
>When metering for production here in Washington State, we use both
>sides in a 12s 120volt meterbase with fifth jaw.  top right inverter
>ac in, bottom right ac from grid.  top left from battery back up,
>bottom left from inverter ac in, fifth jaw neutral.
>
>this set up allows grid tied selling and battery saved energy
>selling to be metered while subtracting energy used to charge
>batteries and subtracting any power needed to run the inverter.
>
>hope this helps.
>
>contact me off list if you need the diagram (in office)
>

>--
>Alex Cozine
>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
>Brothers Electric & Solar