[RE-wrenches] metering an outback system

Alex Cozine acdc.cozine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:19:53 PDT 2010

When metering for production here in Washington State, we use both sides in
a 12s 120volt meterbase with fifth jaw.  top right inverter ac in, bottom
right ac from grid.  top left from battery back up, bottom left from
inverter ac in, fifth jaw neutral.

this set up allows grid tied selling and battery saved energy selling to be
metered while subtracting energy used to charge batteries and subtracting
any power needed to run the inverter.

hope this helps.

contact me off list if you need the diagram (in office)

--
Alex Cozine
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer