[RE-wrenches] #10 THWN-2

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:56:21 PDT 2010

Marco,

I found the same situation as what David mentions -- when we were doing a
high profile job that was going to be inspected by a certain someone from
Las Cruces, all the wire available from local suppliers was only physically
marked as THHN / THWN, but when we dug a little deeper and found the actual
spec sheets from the manufacturer we were able to determine that the wire
actually was rated as THWN-2 (plus a whole alphabet soup worth of additional
listings), although it wasn't marked as such.  Have the vendor pull up the
spec sheet on the wire brands they typically carry, and keep a couple copies
in your "for the inspector" file.

Phil Undercuffler