[RE-wrenches] RETURN AMP SETTING

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Jul 21 15:54:17 PDT 2010

As the % of full charge is related to the of degree
absorption & gravity [the denser & more charged acid
descending, and lighter acid rising] @ what point in the
absorption would be prudent to stop charging?

I used to cut off the charge on the Trace SW series at 12
"return amps", VS. the factory default I think was at 5
amps.  This has & continues to work well but I never had
anyone really answer this function clearly.

Is there a battery manufacturer  or wrench that would care
to comment on the:

The minimum "Return" amps to disconnect for a "full" charge?

OR

The time required per 100 AHR after reaching the Absorption
point setting for the mix to occur?

I realize that battery construction, battery condition, age
and temperature and the current power usage will also play
into this factor and it may not be a simple answer.

 Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"