[RE-wrenches] Slate roof strategies

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sun Jul 18 13:35:38 PDT 2010

Hi, Drake~ Consider this item:

http://www.sunslates.net/

These are sized to match Eternit brand slates. I know very little else
about this...but if you have a different size of slates... thinking...
somebody else is out there with other sizes.

OpenEnergy is a brand you might do well to search out, and friend
Brian on this list with Eagle Roofing may have other suggestions.

The "holesaw through the slate" idea sounds to me like it would
ultimately rely on a caulked seal between the Oatey flashing and the
slate upon which it rests. That sounds risky for what is probably a
high end roof with a high end structure beneath.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675