[RE-wrenches] Trojan L16 2v vs 6v

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 06:44:18 PDT 2010

Hi Ronald
Thanks for helping with these battery questions.  I think I have seen improved cycle life increase when I keep the recharge rate lower.  I do not recomsnd a very large generator, in fact I tend to recomend smaller generators. I also believe in SOC charge control, where if the SOC gets low the generator is started, not based on voltage.

I think a person that is trying to recharge RE type batteries is making a mistake if they want to charge in 5 hrs.  They should look at 10 hrs for 60% SOC starting point.  That is never charge faster than C/10 and C/15 or C/20 is better.

Am I on the right track or am I deciving my self?