[RE-wrenches] Interstate UL-16 HC problem

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 20:16:52 PDT 2010

That is a tough one to diagnose, but I think you have some sulfation, I have used interstates and had reasonable luck.  They act more like a traction battery than a RE battery.  This might be a job for a desulfator or a very long slow charge.  It takes a long time to get sulfur to leave the plates.  I charged a set on low EQ rate for over 30+hrs to get the capacity back and the SG back up.  I would not charge to vigorously as you can loosen plate material.

I have not used the ETDA product, but have had success on a long charge.

Darryl