[RE-wrenches] GT 3.0 FAILURES

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 16:54:56 PDT 2010

Yes, I have commonly found issues with the GT series.  I have installed hundreds of Xantrex inverters through the BP/Home Depot solar program.  Unfortunately, I have replaced 4 in the last 2 weeks.  With so many in the field, I am forced to spend a large amount of time troubleshooting and replacing GTs.
    On the other hand, I have also replaced 1 SB-6000U (almost out of warranty) in the same time frame and have recently seen SMA inverters failing out of warranty.
    All in all, the Xantrex perform less reliably, but are much easier to handle and replace, and the technical support is good.  In my experience, it is not a big difference.  I trust the newer GTs more.  Most of my 3.0's have been upgraded by Xantrex to 3.3s, upon failure.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537