[RE-wrenches] Rip in panel backing

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Tue May 25 16:51:41 PDT 2010

I like Blair's idea, but I've always used a silicone sealant that doesn't use acetic acid as the curing agent. Dow #739 is one type, but any silicone sealant that is rated as food-grade, or for aquariums, should work fine. The 739 is a "moisture-cure", 100% silicone, which uses moisture present in the air as the curing agent. I was told many years ago that this is the stuff that is used by module manufacturers to attach and seal module junction boxes and the exit point in the laminate where the tabs come out. It would be great if a module rep could confirm this with us.

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar