[RE-wrenches] PV Module Favorite (was Whats with Kyocera)

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Wed May 19 14:25:35 PDT 2010

Joel,

Schuco - Good German quality, wide range of modules, good energy output
tolerance, good availability, good pricing. Company appears to be solid,
which is important to me. I'm presently designing several systems around the
Schuco MPE 180 MS05 "Black Line" modules, -0%/+5% tolerance, 36Vmp which I
like, and this module can be handled by one installer (31.8" 62.2" 33 lbs),
5 yr full product warranty and 25 year power warranty. We also use the
Schuco MPE 225's.

Systems needing greater power density get the Sanyo 215N's same physical
size as above and are rated at 35 more Watts. Sanyo's cost me a $1.00 per
Watt more. Sanyo's have a 20 year warranty which is behind the times for a
top quality module.

Dave