[RE-wrenches] AC breakers used in DC applications

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Sun May 16 13:25:34 PDT 2010

Square-D tells me they have tested the breakers to a higher voltage (can't recall now whether it was 80V or 125 VDC) but the listing is indeed for 48 Volts.  24V battery systems are useful for a lot of applications, but the unfortunate lack of a 5A breaker means we can not use them to derive a Class 2 supply, which would make them about 10x as useful to me.