[RE-wrenches] Any experience with Kaneka PV arrays?

Matt Lafferty gilligan06 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 13:46:12 PDT 2010

Hi Dan,

Not sure if I qualify as "esteemed" or not.  My experience with Kaneka
products is positive all the way around. Haven't used any in the last 4
years. Prior to that, here's my take:

Kaneka's fit and finish is superior. (This is QUALITY stuff)

Electrical output is reliably over nameplate.

Kaneka, as a company, was MOST RESP0NSIVE to product improvement
suggestions. As in, you give them a suggestion and they have a prototype
back to you for review in a week. With associated cost and mfg-related info.
Kaneka product engineers cared more about the guy in the field than all
other module mfg engineers combined. Of all the module mfrs I've dealt with,
this company was WAAAAAY better than anybody else in terms of competency,
transparency, communication, honesty, customer service.

I trust their products and I trust them to stand behind them. (Hope that
doesn't jinx something)

When up-front $/W ain't the only thing to consider, consider Kaneka.

$0.02001,

Matt Lafferty