[RE-wrenches] apollo charge controllers

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 07:50:57 PDT 2010

To all
The cloest thing IMO to the holy  grail is the outback FNDC which has a lot of features, and I think the next generation will do more of what we want.  The advantage is it can monitor apparent state of charge and control off this monitoring.  The control is limited but it is a step in the right direction.  The thing to note is the charge controller has limits to what it can do if the inverter is also trying to control the state of charge. this is of paticular concern in grid tie where the grid experiances frequent outages.  (end of the line problems)
Darryl