[RE-wrenches] apollo charge controllers

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Mar 17 23:00:06 PDT 2010

So do the charge controller and amp hour meter communicate so they agree on when the batteries are fully charged?

Todd

On Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:02pm, "R Ray Walters" <ray at solarray.com> said:

We have a couple out in the field. A bit of hassle to upgrade the firmware at first, but Apollo was very helpful, and sent us a free interface to do the update.
I'm sure that's all cleared up for current versions, by now.

Now a couple of years later, we've had zero trouble, and we are running well over 70 amps continuous.
The wireless Trimetric meter option is a pretty good reason to use Apollo for off grid projects, too.

R. Walters
[mailto:ray at solarray.com] ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer