[RE-wrenches] Module Warranty

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 13 07:38:44 PST 2010

Hello August,

Physical failure and cosmetic shortcomings due to poor workmanship or materials (delamination, encapsulant yellowing, etc.) are not included in the power output warranty. If the module output is within warranty specifications, then it meets the warranty terms. Otherwise, you have to wait until the module fails or power output drops below warranty rating. There was a time when customers could convince manufacturers that they will suffer loss of reputation if they did not replace bad looking modules, but nowadays "parts is parts."

Joel Davidson