[RE-wrenches] Rennsteig Crimper Tool

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Sat Feb 20 08:41:06 PST 2010

Humm,

I know I am only supposted to use Listed parts in my electrical assemblies,
but hey, I know galvanized water pipe is the same as electrical conduit....

....I find this thread somewhat disturbing in that it supports the idea of
undermining manufactures requirements at the whim of the installer [just as
long as you don't get caught by the inspector ;-)].

Scroll up a few post and find folks singing the praise of inverter
manufacturers, confirming the need to strictly abide by their requirements
as documented....

...this willingness to subvert clearly stated manufacturer requirements for
the sack of a few hundred bucks peals off the vanier of emerging maturity
and reveals the underlying backwards-ness inherent in the PV industry...

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way
Nevada City,  CA 95959