[RE-wrenches] Rennsteig Crimper Tool

a karnitz blueskiessolar at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 08:54:19 PST 2010

The $225 price tag sounds great!  I just bought the Rennsteig crimping tool (included correct locator and die for the MC4) for more than that.  I chose this tool based on price and the ability to change dies (in hopes to evolve with the connectors).  So far I am happy with it.  I works smoothly, appears to be fairly user serviceable, German made a plus, and it should pay itself back in no time compared to buying pre-made cables (not to mention wasting short pieces of leftover wire).  My 2 cents.

Andy Karnitz  NABCEP Certified PV Installer  Blue Skies Solar  Renewable Energy Solutions  CA lic. 916318 C46  Eureka, CA 95503
  707-834-9434