[RE-wrenches] Inverter causing migraine?

Michael Gullo mgullo3 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 5 22:16:36 PST 2010

Logan,

Wow! Somehow you grossly misinterpreted my intentions on this subject. I
meant no disrespect to headache sufferers as I too have had migraines for
over 40 years although they are well controlled now. My "long dictations of
"other reasons" and "placebo effect" are based on 30+ years of diagnosing
and treating comorbid primary and secondary headache disorders which
represents tens of thousands of patient visits. The point of my addition to
his thread was to bring attention to the more likely causes of this
affliction. Many people view this listserve and the people on it as experts.
Indeed many are experts in the solar and electrical contracting industry.
They bring their vast experience to bear and I listen closely. However, when
I saw statements such as "it's definitely sound" or "it's EMF" and labels
like "psychosomatic" surfacing, it was time to slow the inverter train down.
I and I'm sure many others have been asked at a sales presentation if there
are any ill medical effects from inverters. Until there is a peer-reviewed,
randomized, double-blind repeatable study to confirm this, the answer is NO.
A statement such as  "I will say that inverters are a trigger" must be
prefaced by "In my opinion", otherwise viewers here may misinterpret it as
factual. I am open to the idea that people can be sensitized to a myriad of
triggers but more study is needed. I wish there were simple solutions to
chronic head pain disorders.

Mike
Dr. Michael Gullo
Solar Solutions LLC