[RE-wrenches] Inverter causing migraine?

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Wed Feb 3 20:33:23 PST 2010

Joel --
Good points. In a recent newspaper article in Boulder, CO about a really
bad PV install, the direct grid tie inverter was mounted right on the
outside of the wall from the homeowner's bed. They finally had to have
it moved--mostly because of buzzing, but EMF was a concern too. It was
basically less than a foot from the guy's pillow.

Also, I forgot to mention that there are fairly inexpensive EMF meters
available from the same places that sell DIY shielding materials.

The biggest source of EMF at *my* house is actually the E-Meter
measuring amp-hours. It even interferes with my handheld ham and fire
department radio FM communications on 2 meter.

DAN FINK
Renewable Energy Consultant