[RE-wrenches] Capacity loss due to rapid discharge

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Jan 19 07:45:26 PST 2010

This is a very interesting thread.

A lot has been said.  What I think I understand is that if a battery
is discharged completely at a high discharge rate, a significant
number of amp hours will be lost due to heat and inefficiency, and
Peukert's equation will approximate the loss.  If the discharge rate
is high at times and low at others, the amp hour loss will not be
very much.  Does this seem correct?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin