[RE-wrenches] DC Discos for Enphase

SOLARPRO at aol.com SOLARPRO at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 10:18:49 PDT 2010

Howdy Wrenches:

I don't try to stir things up, but I was just wondering last night as I
fell asleep reading the latest issue of HomePower magazine (# 139), if anybody
 else caught a chill when they read this in the Code Corner (highlighted in
a  box):

"Both microinverters and microinverters attached to PV
modules in the  field or in the factory that have any exposed
DC single conductor cables are  required to meet all of the
NEC’s DC wiring requirements. These may include  Section
690.5 ground-fault detector requirements, DC and AC
disconnect  requirements (potentially handled by connectors
listed as disconnects), and  inverter DC grounding-electrode
requirements."
- John Wiles

 Which begs the question: Are <any> module connectors  currently listed as
disconnects?
 As well as: If DC voltages for each disconnect are less than 48  V, would
a simple  switch suffice, should the poor hapless installer  run into an AHJ
with OCD?

Patrick A.  Redgate
AMECO Solar, Inc.
Serving Solar California