[RE-wrenches] Net AC kW Derate Factor for Xantrex XW inverter and XW opinions

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Tue Aug 24 14:11:16 PDT 2010

Greetings Esteemed Wrenches,

What would you recommend I use for a total de-rate factor for a grid tied
Xantrex XW system with 4.14 kW of Yingli 230 watt modules?  Yingli's are
rated +/- 3% which probably means at least -5% to be safe.  Would a total of
.7 be about right?  Battery bank will likely be one string of L-16's or
similar.

I'm helping a customer calculate annual production for his rebate.  At this
point it's just an estimate as Arkansas wisely bases their rebate on actual
production and requires a dedicated meter for the system.  I'm using the
Wiley Asset tool to adjust for shading and azimuth.  The Asset software uses
.77 as a default but that's for a battery-less system.

Probably before I head too far down this road what does anyone have to say
about using the XW6048 for a grid tied application?  I've used a few XW's
off grid and have been pleased but never grid tied one.

Best,

Travis Creswell

Ozark Energy Services