[RE-wrenches] Portable Solar Trailer w/ intermittent Ground Fault

Wayne Irwin wayne at pureenergysolar.com
Tue Jun 1 09:29:46 PDT 2010

Hello Wrenches,

We have a 2KW portable unit with one Outback GVFX3524. Intermittently, we have a problem feeding GFI breakers.
Its the strangest thing, sometimes it trips GFI's and other times it doesn't. Aside from the possibility that some of the GFI's aren't wired properly we haven't been able to figure it out. We have it plugged into a GFI at the shop (which is wired properly) and there is no problem.

I thought there was a previous string on this issue but could not find it in the archives.
What do you recommend for grounding portable units and what recommendations do you have from personal experience?

Thanks!

Wayne Irwin
Director of Engineering

Pure Energy Solar International Inc.
State Licensed Solar Contractor

License # CVC56695

Wayne at PureEnergySolar.com

http://pureenergysolar.com

352 377-6527 Office
352 336-3299
Fax

The
content of this message is Pure Energy Solar Confidential. If you are
not the intended
recipient and have received this message in error, any use or
distribution is
prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message from your computer system. Thank you.