[RE-wrenches] Enphase System Labeling

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Fri May 14 11:06:54 PDT 2010

wrenches,
i'm having the lamacoid labels made up for an enphase system that i am installing and i am going with a 'rating' label on the load center which states;
Solar PV System RatingArray Rating: 660 WDCModule Rating (each): 220WDC
also a 'warning parallel system' which will also go on the load center.
i am curious what labeling others are going with for these systems.  any labeling suggestions for the soladeck j-box on the roof?
...other thoughts...- when more mods/inverters are added the 'rating' label would need to be replaced.  any suggestions for a single label that will suit a growing system?
-when adding another mod/inverter, should an electrical permit be required each time?(added cost)  how bout a building permit?(added cost)  how bout a grid interconnect application?(no added cost)
i have been chatting with my electrical inspector and utility folks about these micro-inverter systems and they seem fairly enthusiastic about them but the above questions are issues we are still discussing.  any comments would be appreciated.
thanks,benn
DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. benn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY