[RE-wrenches] Volcanos, reduced solar production and kWh performance warr...

SOLARPRO at aol.com SOLARPRO at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 07:57:49 PDT 2010

Marco:

At what point (kW or cost) does a weather station with online monitoring
make sense?
What (or who ) defines "normal weather?"
Defining expectations for the large (> 1M) installations must  be
particularly vexing - what constitutes normal or expected downtime due  to mechanical
failure becomes key to structuring PPA's.
If making a warranty on kWh production must be part of a contract, a
number of concerns must be tackled in the way it is written, especially with
regard to the value of compensation.  Maybe funds could be awarded for  over
production or applied as a credit against lower than expected  kWh.

Pat Redgate
Ameco

In a message dated 4/26/2010 4:38:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,