[RE-wrenches] ARRA act

Daniel Duffield DuffieldD at Directpower.com
Thu Mar 18 10:13:34 PDT 2010

Topic - a Question -
Anyone know if there is a trade group or solar representation group that has
a website that lists:

Solar PV and Solar Thermal products that comply with the ARRA act, (American
Resource and Recovery Act, i.e., stimulus funds)- from my review, only those
projects where project price is more that a certain dollar amount: ~ 7.4
million and above, will allow the use of products manufactured outside the
US, provided that are made in a country that is a trading partner under the
NAFTA treaty or the WTO treaty. Systems smaller than this; all products must
be made, manufactured, assembled with the US, where significant assembly or
"added value" work is accomplished.

To buy American products for projects that require ARRA compliance - it might
make a lot of sense for SEPA or ASES or even one of the trade magazines such
as Solar Pro Magazine - so that the incentive mechanism itself work(s); that
is - a prospective client could be shown, in advance, from a 3rd party
referral site - who takes this listing or posting of various US made solar
equipment on - like "dsireus.org" did with state and local incentives. This
would be better than an "he said, she said" approach or having to track down
the legal department of brand X, Y, and Z solar equipment.

Does such a resource presently exist, inquiring minds want to know.

There are two PV module mounting systems manufacturers based here in
Albuquerque, NM. and we are one of them. We have been approached by no group,
as far as I (& others here) know for listing or providing info proving such.

Thanks

Daniel O. Duffield
NABCEP Certified Installer(tm)
Licensed NM Electrical Contractor
IEEE member
duffieldd at directpower.com
Direct Power & Water Corporation
a division of PLP (Preformed Line Products)