[RE-wrenches] Permit Cost/Cost of Installation

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Mon Mar 8 19:21:04 PST 2010

Wrenches,
I have been hearing differences in opinions/interpretations when it comes to filling out electrical permit applications for grid-tie PV systems and you come to the line that asks for <direct quote> "Cost of Installation (Labor plus Material)", which determines the cost of the permit.
I have been including the cost of labor and all material including modules, inverter, racking (the big ticket items) as well as the 'materials' such as wire, conduit, straps, screws, boxes, etc.
It has come to my attention that some companies do not include the more expensive 'equipment' (mods, inverter) in the "Cost of Installation", which can reduce the cost of the permit by a couple/few hundred dollars, thus saving the homeowner a bit of money on the permit fee.
What are your thoughts or interpretations on this?
cheers,benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. www.daystarsolar.cabenn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY