[RE-wrenches] 690.31E (through a building)

Mark Dickson Mark at OasisMontana.com
Mon Dec 21 08:01:57 PST 2009

Thanks for the reply William!  We will be running it through a fused
combiner at the array prior to that-this would not allow us to disconnect
under load, however I cannot see the need to. . .

Best regards,

Mark Dickson,

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer T

Oasis Montana Inc.

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of William
Miller
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 8:23 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: SPAM-MED: Re: [RE-wrenches] 690.31E (through a building)

Mark:

If it were me, I'd put a disconnect prior to entry to the building.  How are
you going to service the connections without a disconnecting means?

William Miller

At 03:24 PM 12/18/2009, you wrote:

Hello there,
Due to a lot of concrete and asphalt, we are forced to run our PV source
circuits in through one exterior wall, through a crawl space and out through
the opposite exterior wall to our inverter and disconnect.  We will be using
EMT and will not be making any stops while inside the building.  We will
however need to place a couple of pull-boxes due the various required bends
in excess of 360*.  Will we be required to place a DC disconnect at the
"first readily accessible" point inside the building?

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

Options & settings:

List rules & etiquette:
www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm

Check out participant bios:
www.members.re-wrenches.org <http://www.members.re-wrenches.org/>

23:35:00

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600
email: william at millersolar.com