[RE-wrenches] inverter sizing and microinverters

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Sun Dec 20 19:31:30 PST 2009

Lee,

        It possibly sounds like two inverters to me.

You also need to factor in whether or not the PVs will benefit from the
reflection of that bright sun you're enjoying there from snow.  So,  is it
ground mount or roof mount, angle of PVs (the shallower the angle, the less
benfit from snow reflection)?  Though you may have hecka bright sun, you're
also at 45-48 degree latitude, in the winter, your not much more than 20
degrees off the horizon about now....that's a lot of atmosphere for those
photons to penetrate to get to your array.  You may not have the irradiance
you think.  It's a perfect time to check real world performance, with the
solstice tomorow.

No doubt your cranking out the power with those cold temps, I know when we
were down to -10 F here recently, my systems were putting it out. However,
there's no need to worry about losing a few percent during the "best"
conditions that may only last for a few hours during a few days of the
shortest days of the year.  Of course if there is snow ON the PVs, no matter
if your PV is oversized.

Bill

Feather
River