[RE-wrenches] Energy Efficiency Raters and Conctractors

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Sat Dec 19 11:11:49 PST 2009

There continues to be a consistent drum beat for Energy Efficiency both as a
complement to renewable energy projects and as an economic stimulus ("Cash
for Caulkers"). I heartily support the former but I am skeptical of the
latter. I add in note that Energy Efficiency projects will qualify for most
California AB811-type programs.

Which leads me to the following questions:

(1) How does one become a certified energy efficiency "rater" or
"consultant" in the state of California?  Which are the best programs and
certifications?

(2) Assuming that the bulk of the upgrade work involves replacing doors and
windows, caulking same, and adding attic insulation -- what CA "C" licenses
are relevant?

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885