[RE-wrenches] solar hot water nighttime recirc

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 06:27:44 PST 2009

Yes it is done, there are controllers that do this.  For an effective design the system should be able to collect and store the day time energy with out getting to hot.  Perhaps a larger tank is required in most cases.  The nightime loss could be estimated by the length of time of heat dump multiplied by the temperature difference, and the loss coefficent Frul for the collector.
Darryl