[RE-wrenches] solar hot water nighttime recirc

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:20:24 PST 2009

Nighttime cooling is possible, it works, and there's some pretty good data
being collected about it recently.  The actual amount of energy that you can
radiate out depends on many factors, including ambient nighttime air
temperatures, the dew point in your area, and the emissivity of your
collectors.  I'd suggest you contact Boaz at Cedar Mountain Solar -- his
team has been doing some pretty brilliant designs and research using this
approach, both for collector cooling but more interestingly for cooling the
living space.

Phil Undercuffler
Conergy