[RE-wrenches] Battery Automatic Watering

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Fri Dec 11 10:30:46 PST 2009

Not to take this thread too far into the land of metaphors, but I'm sure everyone knows that by the time a vehicle's oil pressure light comes on, severe engine damage has already been done.

My point is, most of our current earthly problems are because people do not want to be "bothered" with thinking about where their energy comes from, how much they use, or what the environmental repercussions of their consumption is. So now it seems to me we are trying to enable that unconsciousness with auto genny starts, auto battery watering systems and gigantic, lipstick on a pig sized arrays? This is symptom solving folks... and will never lead to where we need to go.

If someone is unable or unwilling to do something as simple as checking the electrolyte level in their batteries, maybe we should consider whether a grid tie/w battery backup system is appropriate for them?

rant off... Todd