[RE-wrenches] Off-Grid Sizing Case

CVSOLAR at aol.com CVSOLAR at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 16:59:28 PST 2009

Mark,
   I always recommend more PV.  In this case, doubling the  array to 8
panels is probably the least expensive addition.  The added  4 panels will max
out the C40. We always get many phone calls in November and  December when
solar is low but the calls disappear as soon as the days get  longer. If the
generator is old and unreliable, I suggest he purchase a  Honda 2000i as a
backup generator or to semi-retire the old one.  When  heavily reliant on a
generator, it is always good to have redundancy.

John  Blittersdorf
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
Central Vermont Solar  & Wind, Inc.
104 River Street