[RE-wrenches] Strings and series of batteries

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Dec 4 06:50:23 PST 2009

Funny…Quick-Cote is what I referred to in my post Wednesday about this, that we got through AEE. I don’t ever recall it drying out, and we’re in a dry desert climate. Nor have I ever (unless it’s really dirty) cleaned it off and reapplied it, even when replacing batteries using the same previously-coated interconnects. That’s not to say you’re wrong, Dan, just to note how two Wrenches can draw different conclusions from similar experiences.

Allan

Interstate battery sells a goo called quick coat. (By quick cable). seems to work pretty good. The only problem I've had with it is that it can dry out and get waxy so you need to be sure you clean it all off and reapply it if you need to interrupt the connections. (and don't forget to torque). db

Dan Brown
President
Foxfire Energy Corp.
Renewable Energy Systems