[RE-wrenches] wiring the Soladeck

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 20:30:22 PST 2009

How are folks wiring the Soladeck boxes?

I have been wanting to use external mounted threaded MC connectors but
cannot find them in stock anywhere. [See below] Having the MC connectors
would make attachment a piece of cake. So instead I use one 1/2" NM flex per
string which will allow module conductors to terminate in DIN rail terminal
blocks.
http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Products/Datasheets/BM/ALTECH_CORP/502-3746.PDF
The internal jumpers will connect the separate strings terminal block, a
much more positive connection than the standard external jumper with the old
style 14-6 AWG lug. Those lugs are usually a poor fit on the smaller gauge
wires.
Me, I'm taking Thursday off....

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc