[RE-wrenches] orientation data

Ian Woofenden ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Tue Nov 10 08:06:16 PST 2009

We have such a system in our area, NW WA. It was featured in the
cover story of HP124.

The roof angles are not exactly the same, but close (and I'm guessing
lower roof angle for west-facing would increase overall production --
??). In the first year, the west-facing array produced about 14% less
than the south-facing array, corrected for size.

Specs on system here:
Modules: 18 Sanyo HIP-195BA3, 195 W STC, 55.3 Vmp

Array: Two, five-module series strings, 1,950 W STC total, 276.5 Vmp
(south-facing array); two, fourmodule series strings, 1,560 W STC
total, 221.2 Vmp (west-facing array); 3,510 W total

Array combiner boxes: Two GroSolar

Array installation: Direct Power & Water Power Rail mounts, 36-degree
tilt (south-facing roof) and 30-degree tilt (west-facing roof)

Inverters: Two Fronius IG 2000, 500 VDC maximum input voltage,
150-450 VDC MPPT operating range, 240 VAC output

System performance metering: Fronius IG Personal Display and
production KWH meter

Ian

--
Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Senior Editor, Home Power magazine