[RE-wrenches] Magnum Battery Charger Question

Jason Lerner wapalco at rockisland.com
Sun Sep 27 08:50:21 PDT 2009

Hello Darryl,

Yes the battery charger is going to absorb for a full cycle then to
float,  but the problem is the battery charger is set to 14.4, but the
battery bank only gets to 13.8 for the absorb cycle then goes to
float.  I unplugged the BTS thinking that was bringing the Voltage
down,  but that did not change anything.  I tried changing the absorb
voltage using the custom setting to 15.2 Volts to try to trick a
higher voltage absorb but that did not help.  Specific Gravity shows
appropriate for each cell.

I connected an external battery charger to the same battery bank and
it charges just fine,  so my question is about the Magnum battery
charger.
Thanks for your help,
Jason