[RE-wrenches] wire gauge reducers

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Sep 21 21:29:20 PDT 2009

Colleagues:

There is no shame in referring to these devices as reducers.  As long as
the smallest conductor size meets ampacity and voltage drop ratings, the
use of larger copper is something to be proud of.  It indicates an
awareness of efficiency through design.

We don't favor splices that are not secured to a mounting surface.  We want
to be able to access a conductor for testing and labelling and we want to
know where it is in a given enclosure.  Therefore we use power distribution
blocks such as those manufactured by Greaves, Ilsco and Square D.  Here is
a link to Illsco:  http://tinyurl.com/l6msc6

This links shows these in the
field:
http://millersolar.com/Portfolio/Inverters/battery_iinverters/GH_FX/GH_Outback.html