[RE-wrenches] Solar and pumped hydro

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Tue Aug 25 09:37:44 PDT 2009

I'd had this question a while ago, and thought I'd send a few links I
found last year in case they're helpful for anyone.

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2008/03/pumped-storage-to-back-up-renewable-energy-51745
from that page:
1994 IEEE Study on reservoir size requirements (sorry, I'm not an IEEE
member so I can't send this paper your way)
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel1/59/7653/00317595.pdf?arnumber=317595

2005 Power and Technology Magazine article on required site indices for
pumped storage
http://www.springerlink.com/content/q250m7930q5407w0/

D. Manolakos, G. Papadakis, D. Papantonis and S. Kyritsis; A stand-alone
photovoltaic power system for remote villages using pumped water energy
storage; Energy, Volume 29, Issue 1, January 2004, Pages 57-69.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2S-49PRFMP-
7&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1
&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=9d6b2fba77001e9649de77a59f616812