[RE-wrenches] Solar and pumped hydro

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Mon Aug 24 18:20:45 PDT 2009

Nicely informative reply as usual, Jay. One thing about a gravity based
energy storage system is: gravity cannot ever wear out, unlike (insert
expletive here) chemical batteries. The pump and/or hydro generating gear
could wear out in a "pumped storage" situation, of course...but still would
probably require intervention/replacement far less often per unit of stored
energy. Isn't it amazing how often chemical batteries continue to
disappoint? I'm over that...so an idea like Keith's is bound to keep coming
up.

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675