[RE-wrenches] "Quick Release" PV System & Crazy Building Departments

Brian White brianw at eagleroofing.com
Thu Aug 13 09:35:43 PDT 2009

To All,

Once again thanks for all of the help and useful suggestions, as well as those who contacted me directly.

Yesterday afternoon, I wrote a very long and detailed e-mail to our customer explaining to him that we had run out of options, and that I did not think we would be able to install his tile integrated system. Offered some suggestions as to how we could install a standard panel system that, while it would not have the same integrated look as tile, could still have a attractive appearance and be installed in a manor to have the same height of the rest of the tiles on his roof.

20 minutes later I received an voice mail from the Chula Vista Fire Department Plan Checker. Apparently, they have received enough inquiries, pressure and perhaps a call from the City's Mayor, and have decided to no longer require a "Quick Release" system on PV installations in the City of Chula Vista.

So once again, thanks for everyone's input on this matter, and hopefully installations will now be a little easier in that city.

Have a great day.

Brian C. White
Sr. Design Engineer - PV Systems

Eagle Roofing Products