[RE-wrenches] "Quick Release" PV System

SOLARPRO at aol.com SOLARPRO at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 22:43:39 PDT 2009

And to my knowledge, there exists no certified, listed or  approved 'Quick
Release' mechanism, other than improvised hand-built solutions  that are
approved in-situ by the Fire authority having  jurisdicktion.
There is a hope of a possibility that a hinged mechanism  will  be
developed that will placate those fire officials wanting a way to  quickly ventilate
a structure.
Patrick Redgate
Ameco

Chula  Vista has been difficult on a number of fronts for the past few
years.
I'm  not sure what is behind it. This is a reference from an old Los
Angeles
Fire Department regulation. It was invented by a person at LA who  still
thinks it's a good idea. I don't doubt that it could not be  developed. My
first roof bracket had a quick-release feature for servicing  panels in the
array. It is a bad mandate and was rejected by the group who  developed the
guidelines for PV installation with the California Fire  Marshal's office.
There is no state support for the  idea.

Bill.