[RE-wrenches] Surge protector update?

jason pozner zzyyzzx11 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 07:06:39 PDT 2009

To piggy-back on the question, and also continue my "grounding on a glacier"
question is anyone familiar with point dissipators and have used them. Todd
mentioned Nott LTD  http://www.nottltd.com/lightning.html in my last string
and I have come acrooss Lightning Masters
http://www.lightningmaster.com/index.html  Both I believe use some form of
point dissipation.  They are suppose to take ambient static buildup and
dissipate it slower at high voltage levels keeping the current and damage to
equipment at a minimum.  Have anyone of you used these systems, or know much
about using them on an array, glacier, spaceship, marmot, midget, motorhome,
or the like?

Jay

Jay Pozner
Nunatak Alternative Energy Solutions