[RE-wrenches] Solar electric generation system seems to make noeconomic sense

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Mon Jul 27 08:26:20 PDT 2009

Six cents a kwh is a very good price from the utility.  Customers in California need to be buying energy in the upper tier rates of .25 to .45 before a good economic value is achieved. With this first pass comparison I am not going to dig any further to try and prove that there is a good value for the customer below.

For anyone who is struggling with developing sound economic evaluations for their customers, I highly recommend Andy Black's software available at:

http://www.ongrid.net/

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way