[RE-wrenches] Inverter AM Interference - The Basics

Wind-sun.com windsun at wind-sun.com
Thu Jul 16 12:25:17 PDT 2009

Excellent article that sums it all up.

The one thing I would add is that ferrite filters don't actively "do"
anything - they just act like a high resistance to EMI/RFI and swamp it out,
so you can put as many as you want, anywhere, and it won't hurt anything
(but it may also not do anything) - limited only by your budget.

We have used them for years to reduce AM interference from 12 volt
flourescent lights.

Northern Arizona Wind & Sun - Electricity From The Sun Since 1979
Solar Discussion Forum: http://www.wind-sun.com/ForumVB/