[RE-wrenches] Grid-Connect Inverter with battery, AND auto backoff?

max at southern-energy.com max at southern-energy.com
Wed Jun 24 03:06:21 PDT 2009

Troy,

I would try looking at the Sunny Island by SMA.  I have had good
experiences using them as part of a grid connected battery back up system.
Though I haven't yet used it, they have a pretty intelligent load shedding
system through their programmable relays.  The main drawback is that it
puts out 120v but two SIs will sync together which will give you 240v and a
couple of more relays to work with.  Hope it helps.

Max Isaacs
Southern Energy Management